Pages

Monday, February 15, 2016

Runway Report: Sally Lapointe Fall 2016 RTW

I fell in love with Sally Lapointe when she invited me to her Fall 2014 RTW show and I discovered her chic looks in real time. Sally is a master at manipulating fur and that was really apparent during her Fall 2016 RTW show yesterday. The show opened with a cream oversized cable knit sweater which featured fur poufs on the sleeves paired with a matching cream leather split skirt. I want that sweater. I can imagine taking New York Fashion Week by storm wearing it, and I now need it in my closet. It was a mix of relaxed glamour of the 90s and intricate details that made this collection one of my favorites of fashion week. It was hard for me to picture a favorite look because I can see so many red carpet moments on the backs of the likes of Charlize Theron, Olivia Wilde, Olivia Palermo, Jourdan Dunn, Julianne Moore, Lupita Nyong'o, Karlie Kloss, and Kirsten Dunst but the grey knit sleeveless sweater paired with a matching knit evening skirt just screams high glam meets casual luxe and I can picture Rihanna giving this gown the red carpet moment that it really deserves.
Sally Lapointe Fall 2016 RTW
Make sure you check out all my favorite looks from the Fall 2016 RTW collections (and my immediate wishes) over on my Pinterest page.

No comments:

Post a Comment