Pages

Tuesday, February 23, 2016

#Oscars 2016: Nominees Wish List Part 2

Brie Larson is expected to be the golden girl of the Academy Awards on Sunday night as she is expected to take home the Best Leading Actress trophy thanks to her performance in Room. It is almost a tradition that anyone who wins the Oscar for Best Leading Actress takes to the red carpet wearing a gold tone gown. I would love to see Brie rocking the Oscars red carpet wearing this amazing gold Elie Saab Fall 2015 Couture spaghetti strap, scoop neck, fully embroidered ball gown. I think that this is the look that an Oscar winner should wear on the red carpet. Brie has shown her red carpet range and I can picture her picking up custom gowns from Versace, Calvin Klein or Rodarte as well. She really is a red carpet chameleon. This gown would be finished off perfectly with a gold clutch, chic updo, fresh faced makeup, a pair of gold pumps, and diamond drop earrings.
I don't know much about Charlotte Rampling but she was front row at the Armani Prive Spring 2016 Couture show and is nominated for Best Leading Actress for her film 45 Years. I do believe that Cate Blanchett is going to be the nominated actress on the red carpet at the Academy Awards. I personally would love to see Charlotte on the Oscars red carpet with this red Reem Acra Fall 2016 RTW long sleeved gown. At 70 Charlotte is thus years oldest actress that is confirmed to hit the red carpet and I think that this would be a gorgeous loo for Charlotte to wear, with the blouse lined of course. A red Rauwolf clutch, a pair of red satin pumps, and diamond cluster earrings would ensure that Charlotte owns the red carpet like Jane Fonda or Helen Mirren do.
I, until yesterday, had no idea that Olivia Wilde was even nominated for an Academy Award. Olivia is an executive producer of the nominated short documentary Body Team 12, and is expected to bring home one of those coveted gold men. I would love to see Olivia take to the red carpet at the Oscars wearing this amazing liquid gold Ralph Lauren Fall 2016 RTW one shouldered gown. If anyone could take this gown and make it a red carpet statement it would be Olivia, who has gone from an Oscars guest to nominee and I am excited to see what she is going to wear Sunday night. I think that Olivia would be a modern glam goddess. A gold clutch, a pair of gold sandals, a chic updo, and a pair of killer vintage Van Cleef & Arpels yellow gold set diamond earrings would ensure that Olivia has a major moment on the Oscars red carpet.
What to expect from Rooney Mara on the red carpet at the Oscars on Sunday night? I bet she wears something black, nude, cream, or white by Chanel, Alexander McQueen, Givenchy, or Valentino. I think I will be quite bored by Rooney's choice but I honestly think that if she chose this Chanel Spring 2016 Couture lace, crystal embellished gown that Rooney would have an amazing red carpet moment. I would love to see Rooney style her hair into a chic updo add a bold red lip, a black clutch, a pair of black sandals, and a pair of Chanel Fine Jewelry diamond drop earrings to just finish this look off with such chic perfection that I would be forced to rank Rooney amongst my best dressed.

Finishing off my wishes for the 2016 Academy Awards nominees is Best Leading Actress nominee Saoirse Ronan. I have rifled around all the recent and archived collections trying to pick a runway look that I would LOVE to see Saoirse wearing on the red carpet and I just haven't found anything that I love. I think there are a few possibilities a custom Valentino, Proenza Schouler, or Rodarte gown or Saoirse can work a custom gown by a British brand like Alexander McQueen, Erdem, Burberry, or Roksanda or she will completely disappoint me. I think that this navy Alexis Mabille Spring 2016 Couture strapless column gown with a black lace overlay would look pretty on Saoirse but I am not sure it is Oscars red carpet worthy (on someone like Naomi Watts, Zoe Saldana, or Keira Knightley it would.) I am kinda figuring that Saoirse will end up walking the red carpet in Burberry but I guess we will just have to wait and see what happens on Sunday night.

No comments:

Post a Comment