Pages

Tuesday, February 9, 2016

2016 BAFTA Awards Red Carpet Wish List Part 2

I don't actually know if Gugu Mbatha-Raw will take to the red carpet at the 2016 BAFTA Awards on Sunday night, but since she was on hand to announce the nominations I would say that the chances are pretty strong. Gugu is one of my favorite ladies to see on the red carpet because she is so chic and lady like with all of her red carpet outings. I would absolutely adore seeing Gugu wearing this lilac Armani Prive Spring 2016 Couture straplesses gown with a visual bodice and and textured column skirt. This gown is one of my absolute favorite looks from the Armani Prive Spring 2016 Couture collection and I am hoping that someone snatches it up for a red carpet and I think that Gugu would look absolutely amazing wearing this gown. Hair styled in natural curls, a pink lip, silver clutch, silver sandals, and a pair of diamond drop earrings would ensure that she will glow on the red carpet.
Kate Winslet still hasn't given me any surprises in her red carpet options, except that she hasn't worn black yet. All of her looks have been extremely fitted with a little flare at the bottom, her signature, and I am not expecting to see that change any time soon. I picked this strapless Alexis Mabille Spring 2016 Couture fitted tuxedo inspired gown for Kate to wear on the red carpet at the BAFTA Awards because it adds a little visual interest to her rather plain and boring style. Finish this look with a sleek up do, a pair of diamond drop earrings, a red lip, and a pair of black satin peep toe pumps and Kate will have another sophisticated red carpet look on her hands.
My wish for Rooney Mara to wear this black, white, and navy Rodarte Spring 2016 RTW gown is definitely quite out there for the star who tends to stick to head to toe black, white, or nude. Rooney has not given me a single red carpet look this awards season that I have actually liked but I think that if she paired up with this Rodarte gown that she could have a showstopping moment on the red carpet. I think that the style of this silk velvet lace gown is perfect and the addition of the asymmetric neck with a single shoulder design, silk leaf embroidery cascading across the bodice, and a floor length a-line silhouette with layers of sheer fringed lace around the hem that Rooney would look stunning. I don't know why I have not thought of pairing Rooney and Rodarte before but then again she does stick to her small arsenal of designers which include Givenchy, Chanel, Alexander McQueen, and Lanvin. This gown needs a chic sleek chignon, a red lip, and a pair of black sandals to allow for this statement gown to shine all on it's own on the red carpet.
Saoirse Ronan has been pretty but underwhelming all awards season for the most part and I am hoping that when she steps out for the BAFTA Awards that the Irish actress will deliver her best look yet. I think that this white Christian Dior Fall 2015 Couture sleeveless lace bodice and sheer chiffon skirted gown would be the perfect look for Saoirse to wear on the BAFTA red carpet on Sunday night. Classic glamour is definitely something that Saoirse has been trying to work recently and this look is more modern glam with a classic twist. The key to making this a standout red carpet look is all in the styling. I would style Saoirse's hair into Veronica Lake waves strewn over one shoulder, add a pink lip, diamond cluster earrings, and a pair of strappy silver sandals to keep this look chic and modern but still classic all at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment